Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Goal 9: Teachers use technology effectively, creatively, and wisely.

9a. Operates computers and other technologies and evaluates their potential and limitations.
  • Refer to my Anthro-Tech assignment where I document and evaluate the technology in my host school. This paper is a research paper intended to document what technology is available at Juneau Douglas High School. It is also a guideline to show what technology is available for classroom use at JDHS.
  • Refer to my MAT blog where I demonstrate the use of technology in a classroom setting for my Education Technology class. The blog discusses the use of Wikkis, I-movies and GarageBand as an exciting way to incorporate technology into lessons for your students.
9b. Integrate technology in planning, instruction, and assessment to support students learning.
  • Refer to First Aid I-Movie assignment where students were given a severe first aid scenario and asked to create a vocal script where they give aid to the victim. Students were then asked to take pictures to depict the scene and create and I-Movie to show knowledge and skills.
  • Refer to my Suicide Prevention Brochure Project. Where students were asked to create a wellness brochure with Excel Brochure Templates. This project was mostly for the students to use technology to gain an understanding of the warning signs of suicide. Alaska has the highest teen suicide statistics and it is very important that our youth know where resources are for themselves and their friends and families.
9c Value technology as a tool for student and teacher lifelong learning.
  • Refer to the evaluation where my supervisor and mentor teachers commented on my use of technology in the classroom. The evaluation discusses how much my students enjoyed using the computer to create I-Movies and songs on GarageBand.