8a. Keep current knowledge of content and teaching practices.
- Refer to section 8b.
8b. Participate in and contribute to the teaching profession.
- Refer to my reflection paper. Where I demonstrate I participated and contributed to the teaching profession. Where I talk about activities I have been a part of during the M.A.T. year. This paper also discusses some of the current things that are happening in the physical education. I also will discuss some of my up and coming trainings I am attending in this summer.
- Refer to my volleyball coaching paper where I discuss what it was like to coach this year. It talks about my thoughts on coaching and why I think its important for all teachers in the school to be involved in some extra curricular activity where they get to know students outside of the classroom for an connection on a different level.
8c. Communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Refer to my evaluation document where it explains how I worked with my colleagues to come up with the best solutions and lessons for my students. This evaluation explains I not only met but exceeded my objectives for this goal.
8d. Value professional ethics, democratic principles, collaborative learning communities.
- Refer to my evaluation document where it explains how I worked with my colleagues to come up with the best solutions and lessons for my students. This evaluation explains I not only met but exceeded my objectives for this goal.
- Refer to my Native Olympic Games lesson where another physical education teacher and myself created a fun and challenging unit about Native Olympics. This unit is designed for our students to participate and compete in some of the classic events like the seal hop and blanket toss. Its a great lesson for excitement and some education for the students to learn about Alaska Native culture.