2a Identify ways students' developmental levels affect their thinking processes and learning.
- Refer to my teacher work sample where I discuss the different stages of development of my students. This section also includes their emotional stages and what students need to be able to learn.You will also read some of my reflective thoughts where I assess the developmental levels of my students and what I liked and would keep and what I would do differently next time I teach the unit.
- Refer to my Social and Emotional Intelligence Attendance Sheet. This document is used to grade students on their positive risk taking, empathy, listening, and cooperation. If I see a student is doing exceptional in a categorie they get a plus by their name. If a student has forgot to use their listening skills and is continuously talking while another student is sharing or when I am giving instructions, they get a minus. The points add up at the end of the week and they are graded on these life skills.
2b. Accommodate differences in how students learn based on knowledge of individual social, emotional and intellectual maturation.
- Refer to my hemisphere paper where I discuss the right and left hemisphere of the brain and how it influences my teaching of different subjects. This paper also talks about different learning styles and what is most useful for student with different dominate learning styles.
- Refer to my Rapping Against Tobacco Lesson where I give the kids an appropriate developmental lesson that will stimulate learning and be creative enough to capture their attention. This lesson will demonstrate my ability to use material that is developmentally appropriate for my students.
- Refer to my evaluation where my host teacher and I discuss my knowledge of different developmental stages that students go through as a freshmen to a senior in high school. We discuss the appropriateness of health being taught as a freshmen verse a sophomore and what would be more appropriate.