Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Overview of the Portfolio: how to access the material, about me, and my contact information.

Overview of the Portfolio:
  • The following document is a Masters in Teaching Portfolio. It is a collection of my work over the last year with the University of Alaska Southeast and the work I have done with my mentor teacher at Juneau Douglas High School. Under each goal, I have listed information to prove I have met the objectives and requirements of the program. This portfolio is to demonstrate and prove my abilities to be a secondary education teacher.
How to Access the Material:
  • You need to be connected to the web to access the material.
  • All 9 goals are listed with there various objectives underneath them.You need to scroll down the document to see the listed goals and objectives.
  • Embedded in the paragraphs are hyperlinks to the documents that I refer to. All you need to do is click on the link and read the documents.
  • On the right side of the blog page there is a column labeled blog archive which will help you move through the documents. If you click on any of the goals it will take you to the goal. Also, there is a column about me and some of my goals, please feel free to check them out.
  • If at any time you have questions with what you are reading and want to contact me please feel free to e-mail me at julie_heard10@yahoo.com
About me:
  • I knew I was destined to be a instructor when I was eight years old. I was teaching my three cousins how kick a soccer ball. I had them all in a line, explaining where to contact their foot to the ball and so on. I have been informally teaching anyone who will listen all my life. I hope to give my special talents to every school I get to teach at. I want to help students develop their own set of boundaries and life skills to lead a healthy, active lives. It will be my gift to the world.
  • Refer to my resume to look at some of my past job and educational experiences.
My upcoming Future in Teaching:
  • My next adventure lies in Unalaska, AK. I have excepted my first Health and Physical Education job there. I will be moving out there late July to start my adventures in a rural community. I could not be more excited about the journey. After all, "Life is all about the journey and the lessons you learn along the way."
  • Thank you very much for you time viewing my Portfolio Blog
Julie Heard